5 Rules for Fast Catalog Printing in Las Vegas
It may seem counter intuitive that catalogs still play an important role in the sales cycle but there are at least two good reasons for it. For consumers, a well-designed catalog serves as a window to the lifestyle they desire. Being singled out as a person who could potentially buy the featured items makes the prospect of that lifestyle a reality. For businesses, a hard copy catalog is a go-to tool for offering a variety of options to their clients, creating opportunities to cross-sell and up-sell all while satisfying a most discerning taste. Here are five rules for making your catalog rock.
1. Decide whether your catalog is business to business or business to consumer. The two are different animals and should be designed differently. Is it a look book that inspires your clients to picture themselves using your products or is it a handy reference for a vendor?
2. Make the product a star. The rule of thumb is that the larger the image, the higher the probability of a sale. For a B2B catalog, use a white or subtle background not to distract from the main image.
3. Don’t skimp on photography. While it’s tempting to ask your vendors for photos, pull out your own camera or even pull product photos from the web, the one expense that shouldn’t be spared is on a professional photographer who has experience in product shooting. A low-quality image is an immediate turnoff.
4. Put top sellers in the corner. When we scan a page, we look at the top right corner and then sweep across the page to the other side. To catch their attention, put your most profit-generating products on the outside top corners. Make the photos larger and leave “breathing room” around them to help customers zero in.
5. Love white space. It might seem like a waste of your printing dollars, but white space around the products serves an important purpose. In our fast-paced world, it helps customers focus. Keep in mind that the purpose of your catalog is not to show off your narrative skills. It’s to sell. Let them focus and fall in love.
Jackpot Printing can help you with your catalog layout and printing needs. Whether you need catalogs for a trade show in Las Vegas or for your partners around the nation, we will do the printing and shipping for you. Check out our handy free templates to ensure the correct dimension, bleeds, resolution, color mode, and layout and email us for a free quote.